Wednesday, December 15, 2010

They Descended Like Angels At The Right Time

Originally posted: August 25, 2011
 Revised today
 
Lately I’ve been dreaming of spiritual comforters, people from my past, who once made me feel excited about life and people who I deeply admired.  When they arrive, they don’t bring with them the unsettling feelings that come when I’m awake and think of them, but they bring in those dreams such security, elegance, and comfort.
They come almost like angels, descending at the right time, at a time when I’m needing confidence and comfort.  Yet I wish it wouldn’t be those people returning in the dream.  I usually wish they would happily disappear from my mind, considering I don’t know, speak to, or prioritize them any longer.
Maybe I shouldn’t be thinking that they are no longer in my life, or how they had not been true friends and mentors.  Instead, perhaps I should think about what God might be communicating to me through them and what could have been learned from knowing them, and try to acknowledge a few good traits about them.  When I look at it that way, I can back up enough to see the larger picture.

4 comments:

  1. Dreams are so symbolic. Maybe the presence of these people there is more representative of a feeling, or experience, you associate with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I was thinking! :) Thanks for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think events in life happen so quickly sometimes that we don't have the time (or patience) to process and understand them in a truly meaningful way. In my experience these kinds of dreams are a form of that process, of still learning and understanding. The timing of these dreams is interesting, though, because I'm not always aware of what's going on inside me until these kinds of dreams start bothering me (again). I say "bothering" because it gets me thinking...and thinking... as you are probably also doing. Just keep an open mind, and a positive outlook. I think these things are meant to make our learning richer, more meaningful. You sound like a very sensitive, intuitive and gentle spirit who is extremly thoughtful about many things. I think those are beautiful qualities to have...
    A warm hug to you today,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your thoughts, Kate. :) A warm hug in return

    ReplyDelete