Monday, January 3, 2011

A Pocket Full of Small Stones

This is my first time posting small stone poems for the January Challenge,  so here they are: *pours out my pocket full of small stones into your hands*

1.1.11
large bubbles rising
in the cats’ water bowl
the last one lingers and snaps
like yesterday

1.2.11
These are my hands.
On my pinky,
A red dot where skin heals.
With these hands,
I remember my tiny miracles.

1.3.11
over a cup of tea and coffee
my mom and i speak of beginnings
how fear curled up in the womb
and the way it slowly leaves

5 comments:

  1. These stones so
    shiny and true
    fill my bowl with
    silent beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful!

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you, too! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I really like these.
    The line "and snaps like yesterday" is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw... So beautiful! I love the third one... made think of my mother (now in heaven)

    Happy New Year!

    Doris

    ReplyDelete