Monday, January 10, 2011

Eternity. Traces. Color. Snow.

Here are some more small poems I've written for A River of Stones.

1.7.11


Perfect penmanship on the euthanasia record.
My purring cat enters the ellipses…

(This one I wrote for my cat, Midnight, who died recently. May he rest peacefully with God.)

1.8.11
glossy twilit fingerprints
your spontaneous traces
just as good as
any autograph

1.9.11
first firework pop
bursting color and light
these honest words

1.10.11

January light:
melting beneath frozen Elms,
snow angel wings

9 comments:

  1. I like the one with snow angel wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is 1-9's, the first firework. It's what I hope to do with my words, bring color and light to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very sorry about your cat! *hugs*

    I have been writing small stones too and am contemplating posting some of mine but... I haven't decided yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your poem for your cat. I'm sure you miss her presence. I have a cat, Matilda. She likes music and sitting by me, or on me, when I read. When my boys get to the "God bless" part of our night time prayer, they say, "and Matilda too."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela, Apseed, and Joanne, thanks for your feedback about your favorite poem. :-)

    Melee, Thanks for your sympathy about my cat. And I am glad you're writing small stones. Would love to read them, if you post them.

    Mary, Matilda sounds adorable! So sweet to add her in the prayer. I like to pray for my pets, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jade,

    Letting you know I gave you an award on my blog. www.my-poetry-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These little nuggets of observation are delightful in their brevity and beauty. There is sadness in the first one, and I am sorry for your loss...but the way you express the sorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely, Jade. I think the first and last are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete