Thursday, January 6, 2011

Smoke, Sun, Light

Three more polished stones.

1.4.11

between curling candle smoke
my little hope


1.5.11 Memory of Sun
the boy's
muddy
yellow cap
drops
into the
waterfall
again

1.6.11


beholding our light
chatoyant siamese cat's eyes
the blue day opens

__

Comment on the last stone: Finally, a 5-7-5 haiku (as long as you pronounce Siamese as two syllables, instead of three).  And thanks to Dictionary.com for a cool new word of the day (chatoyant)! Now I just have to practice pronouncing it.
__

Thought of the day: My love for humanity is beginning to surpass my fears. I think that blogging is allowing me to realize how much we have in common, as I come across like-minded writers and artists.

5 comments:

  1. HI, I like your poetry and art and word for the year, "patience." Great word, great goals. Best wishes to you as you enter 2011, and thanks for connecting with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking, "Hey! She used the word chatoyant! That was the word of the day on-" and then I read your note. Haha! I love dictionary.com - it's my homepage.

    I love your thought of the day. Blogging helped me realize that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such thought provoking, nicely done poetry. I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment on "Loss of Control." Wanted to say that I think poetry is the open canvas of writing. You pick your style and paint your own picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blogs really provide an inspiring, creative community. They're a great way to share our art ...

    ReplyDelete