Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Three Small Stones

As I have not included a photo today, please allow your imaginations create appropriate illustrations for this post.





_


#1


Dripping green catkins on the hornbeam tree.  Damp, heavy soil smell.  I peer into the curious light of the young catkins.  Sneakers slosh each ardent step down the hill.  I lift my chin: the hornbeam treetop, with its spontaneous rustling, bridges the gap between sky and ground.
__

Inspired by: http://craftygreenpoet.blogspot.com/2011/01/introducing-hornbeam.html
__





#2

White

Once again the man leads two white dogs away from towering-high snow piles, waning moon above.
__




#3

This is the most respected movement:
lolloping along an icy telephone wire
the baby squirrel in perfect step
with the Bach concerto

_

a river of stones

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Number 3 is amazing. The words "lolloping, along, telephone wire". The contrast of a baby squirrel and a bach concerto. Remarkable

    ReplyDelete
  2. writingsfromwildsoul, Thank you! That scene was pretty easily observed and I found it funny, too.. Then I just played around with the wording for awhile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love these. You're a great word whittler! :)

    Btw, I really love the name of your blog--you're so artistic.

    ♥.•*¨ Elizabeth ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I'm looking out your window as you observe the life around you, walking down the street, climbing trees in your back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your words!! Especially #3. Wonderful.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, I can never do beautiful observations like this. I love the way you wrote it though, I'm glad to have found your writing.

    A new follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your observations! They are simply marvelous.

    I got distracted watching a squirrel today... he was carrying something in his mouth. Still not sure what it was... (Sorry, that was sort of random... the last poem made me think of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeousness. You have a real eye for aesthetics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely! I especially like the first one. I can hear the sneakers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh lovely! Wonderful description of the squirrrel dancing in time with Bach and how nice that my post about the hornbeam inpsired your first piece here!

    ReplyDelete