Thursday, March 3, 2011

Awards Night

Back in January, Angela from My Poetry and Prose Place and Mark from Aggaspletch gave me this award. (So that is why it is displayed twice.)

My Poetry and Prose Place is very lively and enjoyable. It is obvious that Angela puts a lot of thought into her work.  I especially like her Dictionary of Bio-Signs posts.

Aggaspletch always seems to get a smile out of me, even just by reading the blog's title.  In addition, Mark's poems are well polished, passionate, and a pleasure to read.  My favorite thing about his blog is his honesty and humor.

Thank you, Angela and Mark!

Tonight I was given "The Versatile Blogger award" by Melee from The Midnight Train of Thought.  Melee's blog drew me in right from the beginning.  Her graceful writing style is delightfully poetic and her thoughts are always meaningful and easy to relate.  She is a very talented person.

Thank you, Melee!

*
And now I will share seven things about myself, as the conditions suggest (or require.)
1. I go to bed really early, most of the time.  It isn't uncommon for me to say at 8:30 PM that I am proud to be up this late.  I wake up early (that is why) and don't like to miss the sunrise.
2. One of my favorite activities is to listen to music with headphones.  Even though I can probably name more musicians I've listened to than authors I am familiar with, I have no interest or talent in playing music myself, and hardly have.
3. The first answer I had to the question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" was an author.
4. A conversation about loose leaf tea will pick up my interest faster than a conversation about reality TV.  And drinking some together is even better.
5. I'm really indecisive, but sometimes I think I might be able to make up my mind.  And sometimes I'm unsure about that.
6. I light a frankincense and patchouli soy candle while I meditate and pray in the morning. 
7. My favorite number is seven and so I'm glad that we ended with this one. 

Now I'd like to award the following bloggers for being amazing. (That's not to say that if you didn't receive this award you're not amazing or that you have to accept the award either.) 
You don't have to post about a variety of subjects to be qualified for this award.
goes to...

1. Sher at heart2heart
2. Christa at Shapes of Angels
3. Mark at AGGASPLETCH
4. Andie at meandering thru life
5. Barry at Life in Quotations
10. Philosophia

Here are some suggestions for accepting the award:
1. Thank the person who loved you enough to bestow this gift.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Bestow this honor onto 10 newly discovered or followed bloggers– in no particular order– who are fantastic in some way.

6 comments:

  1. Oh! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words, Jade! They made my night. <3

    I think that's so cool you knew from early on you wanted to be an author. I never really had an answer to that question...
    I really admire that you go to bed and wake-up so early! I am such a night owl but sometimes I wish I was a morning person.
    I also love listening to music in headphones. You notice so much more that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jade! I love this award and your answers. I wanted to be an author too though originally (when I was five) I thought I wanted to be a lawyer as I was really good at winning arguments. My favorite number is also seven!

    Congratulations on the award and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jade, I haven't received an award for a long time! I'll have to do something about this to pay it forward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Thank you! (deep bow). I've been busy with my play and the adventure of having a reading of a cutting of it this past weekend. It was wonderful. I'll graciously accept this award, and honor it this week, I hope, in a blogpost. You're so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete