Friday, March 4, 2011

Offering Poem

Here's a poem I wrote for Big Tent Poetry using a few of their given words and a variation of a given phrase.
*


"Our poor heart, with all its ragged edges, is in its very poverty the place God's presence is perfectly manifested in the world."- James Finley


*
Offering

be with me jesus
i give you
this cowering heart
this one who wounds me
this hurried pace

calm me jesus
i give you
tangles and noise
crumpled paper
dreamless catchers
fruitless ponderings
my pioneer ways

(there is still
the matter of weeping
of wandering
and waiting)

jesus you wake me
here is the heart
that belongs within yours

return me to the tree stump
where you arise and stand
where in this bare simplicity
i awaken to your welcoming

18 comments:

  1. This isn't just a poem, its a song of the spirit...and it sang to mine. Thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the alliteration using W!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous poem. Full of yearning and surrender.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A deft use of the elements you needed from the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flows and moves just like the spirit... divinely inspired, I'm sure. I really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work!

    rivulets of space

    Due to Census work for the past one month, I have not been able to visit and comment. I will be back with a vengeance after a day or two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good one; I like that you've done something quite different from everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful poem Jade. My heart within His...I love that image. That's what He wants - us to give him everything, even our ragged hearts.
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this spoke to my soul. It is an absolutely beautiful poem.

    I really liked this part:
    calm me jesus
    i give you
    tangles and noise
    crumpled paper
    dreamless catchers
    fruitless ponderings
    my pioneer ways

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so talented! Wonderful reflection.

    Thanks for sharing

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful look inside your heart. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful, open poem/prayer. Surrender is a powerful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for all the feedback. You're very kind, precious people. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautiful, wonderful poem. It stirs up this feeling in me I just can't describe. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. spiritual, lovely take.

    http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2011/03/big-tent-poetry-in-55-words.html
    Thanks for reading mine.

    ReplyDelete