Friday, April 1, 2011

An Angel's Advice on Acceptance

An angel visits.  Her honeyed hair is gathered in a neat bun and tied with a strand of grass.  Her eyes are mirrors that reflect your own worried face.

She says, "Dear child, accept your life's circumstances as they come.  When you've fallen into your own despair, even if you cannot simply move on, be where you are and admire the sun that is burning above you.  Admire the courage and bravery within.  Don't be too prideful to admit mistakes, and be sure to let go of perfectionism, which is an illusion in this world.  In time, holding onto hope, love will lift you as you rise."

In her eyes, you notice your own face softening and relaxing.  Behind you, the morning sun rises and sheds light onto the land.  In your eyes, you notice its brilliance.

*Inspired by Purple Clouds

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful and encouraging. Love the use of A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely use of A. Very nice. :)

    Newest follower here. *waves*

    Off to *try* and visit everyone (ha!). (I is for Impossible Task)
    Happy weekend,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your use of A, already so creative. Your writing is beautiful... you swept me away describing the angel. I have bookmarked you... no need to forget that I'll be returning for this stole my heart!

    I'm stopping in to welcome you to the A to Z blogging challenge! I'm a co-host, should you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! I do hope you'll stop by and say hello! We'll also be hanging out on twitter (I'm @jenunedited and we can be found at #atozchallenge)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember the blessings you still possess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. Such a lovely reminder to be present and aware. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you write Jade and all that is behind the words. Such beautiful insights.
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful descriptions and the message is very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful. Your writing is always full of such encouraging wisdom and beautiful thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always a delight to read your posts, dear... every word has it's say... i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. short, sweet but profound! Loved it! and I really like the challenge!! I'd join but don't think I'd be able to keep up!! I'll be looking forward to your daily posts though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for your very encouraging comments! <3 <3 <3 to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely thought, and beautifully written moment!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. =)

    ReplyDelete