Friday, April 8, 2011

Gift

Yesterday I received a gift in the mail, a lovely Tea Traveler Mug!  It is designed to allow loose leaf tea drinkers to take their tea out with them.  What you do is, take off the lid and strainer, pour in tea leaves, pour in hot water, add some honey if you'd like, replace the strainer and lid, and go!

The mug has a built in strainer on the top, so that the leaves don't go into your mouth when you drink.  The tea stays hot for a long time, and if like me, you're concerned about over-brewing your tea, the website suggests you use cooler water and/or less leaves. 

I think I'll take this to the park.  It could be fun if people look at me strangely, thinking I just grabbed a handful of leaves off the ground to drink, whee! :)

*Please note: I am behind with commenting on and visiting blogs, but I will catch up soon, hopefully tomorrow if not then, then early next week.

10 comments:

  1. I've never been a tea drinker, but that is a neat mug!
    Let me know if you take it to the park and get any strange looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think someone was telling me about those the other day! That is one spiffy mug. I definitely think you should take it to the park. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drink tea, but I've never used tea leaves. Must try it one day. The cup looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love it! I've been looking for a thermos/mug of this sort, because my little mesh ball just doesn't do the trick for traveling. love love love it! off to do a search for one of my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I hope you enjoy many strolls in the park with it. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it...it's so unique, where did you ever find it?? Found you from the A-Z Challenge, I’m now following you on GFC and I hope you have a chance to check out my blog!
    Monica
    http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great mug. I love loose-leaf tea. In fact, I've turned into a bit of a tea snob. That's the only kind I really like. I also love coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have something very similar that I doth verily enjoy...mine is green.

    ReplyDelete