Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Questions

What are you most grateful for and why?

What (or who) do you usually turn to when you need comfort?

What was the most interesting thing you saw today or yesterday?

What was the most beautiful thing you saw today or yesterday?

Did you encounter any opportunities today or yesterday?

How did you handle an obstacle you've recently faced? Do you believe your method was helpful?

-Jade
***

Finally, a "question" poem by Mary Oliver:

Some Questions You Might Ask

Is the soul solid, like iron?
Or is it tender and breakable, like
the wings of a moth in the beak of an owl?
Who has it, and who doesn't?
I keep looking around me.
The face of the moose is as sad
as the face of Jesus.
The swan opens her white wings slowly.
In the fall, the black bear carries leaves into the darkness.
One question leads to another.
Does it have a shape? Like an iceberg?
Like the eye of a hummingbird?
Does it have one lung, like the snake and the scallop?
Why should I have it, and not the anteater
who loves her children?
Why should I have it, and not the camel?
Come to think of it, what about maple trees?
What about the blue iris?
What about all the little stones, sitting alone in the moonlight?
What about roses, and lemons, and their shining leaves?
What about the grass?

-Mary Oliver

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that poem so much. Mary Oliver is one of my favorite poets! I had an opportunity yesterday to talk with my yoga instructor. It was great. I'll share that on Y da.
    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beatiful poem. <3 I wonder about that, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you most grateful for and why?

    My daughter because she is a gift from God.
    Her name is Makayla Grace and Grace is also what I am most grateful for because I'm a sinner yet God loves me anyway. I think I should be grateful for grace before Makayla but I know God forgives me :) I hope he does at any rate.

    What (or who) do you usually turn to when you need comfort?
    God

    What was the most interesting thing you saw today or yesterday?
    Was it yesterday or the day before that you posted a picture of that gorgeous library?

    What was the most beautiful thing you saw today or yesterday?
    My daughter sleeping peacefully!

    Did you encounter any opportunities today or yesterday?
    Every day I have the opportunity to reach out to others through blogging.

    How did you handle an obstacle you've recently faced? Do you believe your method was helpful?

    Right now the obstacle I'm facing is daily posting! I pray for God's inspiration! So far, it's worked :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a question for you - does it bother you that on your sidebar in the lists of blogs that you visit that my blog does not have an icon? I know it's not something you can fix and perhaps I'm just overly picky, but it bothers me! So much so that I found a plugin that is supposed to put a favicon next to my title, but it didn't seem to work!

    Have I just revealed what an obsessive person I can be? Don't get me wrong, I love that you included my blog in your list! I'm flattered actually, but then I worry if you are picky like me then that lack of icon would be bothersome.

    I hope you are laughing with me and not at me right now :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brianna, it didn't bother me that there is no icon next to your name. Sorry it didn't work! I know how frustrating it can be when these things don't work. :) But yes...laughing is the best thing when technology is frustrating and makes no sense. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. By the way, I unchecked the box that says "show icon" next to the blog titles (since most were blogger) and just chose to show the titles. I think this looks even better now... thanks for pointing that out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is a lovely poem!
    And, oooh - questions! I love answering questions. =D

    What are you most grateful for and why?
    My family. Or, more specifically, my parents. Because of how much they love and help me and even when they don't understand me they try to.

    What (or who) do you usually turn to when you need comfort?
    For what, I would say music (either listening or making it). But for the who, my mother but if it's too painful to talk about, God.

    What was the most interesting thing you saw today or yesterday? Uh... I saw a really interesting, but totally terrifying-looking spider in the bathroom last night. I still haven't quite recovered. O_o

    What was the most beautiful thing you saw today or yesterday? The profusion of green in our backyard!

    Did you encounter any opportunities today or yesterday? Yes, I suppose I did.

    How did you handle an obstacle you've recently faced? Do you believe your method was helpful? I can't think of anything specificlly but knowing me I probably handled it badly...

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a lovely poem! I'm slowly discovering Mary Oliver, she is so fantastic. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great poem! and great questions! im most grateful for my loved ones. always. :P
    Great meeting you through the a-z!

    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete