Friday, April 29, 2011

Yoga

Yoga's physical benefits include greater flexibility, better posture, more satisfying breathing, and stronger, leaner muscles.  Its emotional benefits include an ability to be kinder to oneself, a calmer and clearer mind, and greater self-control.

I've been practicing yoga on and off for about two and a half years.  There were times I've questioned whether it was helping me and had stopped for awhile, but I've always found myself glad upon returning to the mat.  I've found it a challenge at times to get back into it when I've been away, yet even more, I've found the practice to be forgiving, and I've found myself more happy I've returned to it than regretful for having stopped.

(The original post I wrote on this day for the A to Z Challenge was deleted, so this one is a substitution.)

No comments:

Post a Comment