Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Honeymoon: Mountains, Evergreens, and Rain!

I am writing this from windy, rainy, but lovely Vermont where I am having my honeymoon.
 
The wedding (Saturday) went really well--my husband, Dan, is still working on the pictures.  There's so many!

When I think back, I remember trickling water and a peaceful lily pond, smiles and tears, delicious food, laughter, holding hands, kisses, David Gray music (Morning Theme and The One I Love), autumn trees, and the smell of white roses and pink lilies in my bouquet.  The guests got along nicely.

Back to the honeymoon. 

It is a relief that the wedding planning is over.  I would like to visit your blogs again more consistently once we're back in MA.  Will post photos, too.
***

Stay in the moment, however simple, however larger the next event seems.  There will be time to sort out details for future things.  Timing is important when it comes to thinking ahead a little bit.  Keep a grateful spirit and enjoy each activity as you do it. 

(For example, I kept thinking about how much I'm going to have to unpack when I go back home.  Now I realize how that is not enjoying my time now!  So what I did was notice this tendency and then I redirected myself back to the moment.)

There's always something icky and annoying waiting in the future.  It will never be completely free of any minor struggle.  This is why it's so important to enjoy your moments.  When and if you don't practice this well, just try again.  There's always an opportunity for gratitude and awareness, so you can get plenty of practice.

10 comments:

  1. Live in the moment, and enjoy your time together! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jade! Glad to hear the wedding went well. Enjoy every moment of your honeymoon -- the view looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, congratulations! and thank you for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Congratulations! Sending warm hugs, love and blessings!
    and YES! thank you for the reminder about enjoying each moment as it happens...we get so wrapped up in the yesterdays and tomorrows that we forget about today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I didn't fully realize how soon your wedding actually was! =D I'm so happy for you both. Hope you have a lovely, peaceful time the rest of your honeymoon. Enjoying moments is always something to strive for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations beautiful! I'm so happy for you! Keep smiling and keep loving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Jade! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I hope we share many more family history lessons together! God bless you both!
    Sarah and Peter Beals

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Barry ! :)

    Sarah and Peter~~ LOL!!! :)
    Yes, hopefully complete with a kazoo solo. :)
    Good to have you come by the blog!

    ReplyDelete