Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Reflection on Well-Being

I am the happiest I've been in awhile.  I feel healthy: been listening to my body daily, moving it when it needs to be moved, resting it when it needs to be rested.  I've been eating as healthy as I can without losing enjoyment: drinking plenty of water and white moonlight, jasmine green, and ti guan yin tea and bathing with all natural soap and shampoo that smells amazing.  I've been listening to healing music and allowing it to fill my soul with gratitude to which I express to the kindest, most loving Being I know.  I've been writing in my journal and allowing my creativity to renew my perspective of this world.  I've been realizing that I am not without fault and have been meditating on my imperfections to develop humility.  I've been realizing that I am receiving more from the world than I am giving, so I am motivated to give as much as I can.  I'm understanding that the foundation of Christ's message is not fear, guilt and punishment, but love and truth.  (Fear, guilt and punishment only come from a place where God is not welcome.)  It is to acknowledge what in us is shutting out God, to be honest about these faults of ours, these places where we have closed the door to Jesus, and to return ourselves to Christ again and again because there is this need for Christ within us. Everywhere we go, God's presence is there.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, this is all beyond lovely. I wish I had such content right now, but regardless, I am so happy that you do. <3

    I must be honest; there is something in me shutting out God right now. I shall have to ponder your insights.

    P.S. Have you ever heard this song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzbc9TJlIXI
    For some reason, I think of you whenever I hear it. I imagine if you were a musician, you'd write music like this, both regarding the lyrics and the sound. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rejoicing with you in your healthy, happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how wonderful to have and take the opportunity to be well. Long may it continue - every blessing m+x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melee: You know, it seems that these content feelings come and go. Last night I started to feel down (it didn't last too long) but I still think that feelings are temporary.

    As for shutting out God, I can understand. Will pray for you. I think one thing to reflect on is the reasons for shutting out God, if there are any ones that come to you, and to say spontaneous prayers. :)

    I love the song! You definitely know what kind of music I like :) :) Very gentle & lovely. Thanks for sending that to me.

    Mary: I appreciate this very much-- thanks!

    Word in the Hand: Thanks for these blessings. Same to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words Jade, your light is shining brightly! Whenever I visit your blog, I get a lot of peace reading about your loving relationship with God. Thank you for sharing.
    And congratulations on your marriage by the way, the pictures were lovely, wishing you and your husband continued peace and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Mark!

    I really enjoy your blog as well. I'm struggling to express this thought, but the clearest I can say this is that your poetry contains a lot of depth without ambiguity and that it is full of intriguing content without sounding cluttered. You are a truly graceful writer. I look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smiling with your words. I especially liked "drinking plenty of water and white moonlight." Warmly, Lené

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. It's so peaceful, so...soothing. You're a beautiful soul Jade.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Lené and Barry. Thank you both for visiting and for your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I have been feeling the need to give more back as well ... in small ways and perhaps grander gestures. Beautiful reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the foundation of Christ's message is not fear, guilt and punishment, but love and truth. (Fear, guilt and punishment only come from a place where God is not welcome.
    This really spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also wanted to add that I can feel your health and happiness in the words you write. I'm glad you are feeling so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've have been scrolling through this blog today on lunch and I really found this to be eye-opening. I like the introspection stated here....this is something I think I need to do more of. One thing that I have noticed about your writing since I started readning your blogs is that you possess an amazing ability to be introspective and you're able to write about it so beautifully. Your writing is truly inspiring Jade.

    ReplyDelete