Friday, February 24, 2012

Thoughts Over Tea

I spend the evening with a pot of tea and some poetry.  I listen to water flowing over pebbles, the sound of my breathing, the room dimly lit with the gentle golden glow of a desktop lantern.

Early this morning, a cardinal waited for a pause in the snowfall before she left her hiding place; I worried awhile as she stood on that branch.

Have a lovely night, whether in the company of friends, or strangers, or in solitude.  You never know who is with you in prayer, who is wishing you well. 

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, what a lovely new tea set!

    I love the peaceful atmosphere of this post; the compassion felt for the cardinal; and the ending thought which put a smile on my face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is such a gentle place, Jade. I imagine the space you inhabit is constantly at peace. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really simple and peaceful. Beautiful tea pot and cup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been one of the loveliest moments of my day. Thank you for offering it to us. :) PS Your profile photo is lovely! Hope all is well. -lené

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for giving me this beautiful moment in a hectic day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sets a wonderful scene. So calm in chaos.

    I cannot believe I've only just started reading now.

    Do have a good day, and take care. I hope your evenings should remain as peaceful.
    Mhairi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your words bring peace, Jade. I love the image - may we all find that quiet place in the midst of our business!
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see a few meditative words from you again.

    ReplyDelete