Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Unwritten

I feel that the ideas that matter most to me are trapped within.  I fear that the ideas I've always wished to write are still unwritten.  I feel that lately what I write and say, at least what I have been, means little to me later.  I feel as though I am not being as honest as I'd like to be.  As of now, I believe the stories I've dreamed of writing have yet to come.  I am still expecting the words, my mind conceiving them, my mind softening to them.  The stories I have yet to write are like children; they do not belong to me, but when I am satisfied, they will contain something of me and speak to someone other than myself.

I think I'll take the risk of writing, even if that means failing stumbling for now with the stories I dream of writing.

I feel that the most meaningful, dazzling words I have not yet written in my stories will someday rise from me, fresh and illumined, and I will know that they are true.  As I write these words, I think I can smell them coming like the way one may smell the rain before it begins to drizzle, and now I wish for their rain, for their honest arrival.

7 comments:

  1. I think that is how a writer is meant to think. As an artist my work is always not quite right - though perfect in its own way . It is the longing that brings the words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "It is the longing that brings the words"~very true. I believe that it is possible to get a little closer to the writing we really wish to write, though I'm sure struggling needlessly to make it completely perfect is not a good thing. Longing can be great motivation. Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete
  2. This makes me hopeful and happy, Jade. Thanks ♥ You are an inspiration. Unwritten words are what makes people waiting, waiting for you, waiting for more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jade, I've always enjoyed the diversity of your writing. If you'd ever like to write something for my blog, even anonymously, I'd love to feature it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you may be speaking directly to me in this post. No? Oh, well, it feels like you are. The words. The words are never forthcoming, and when they are, they are never right. I am becoming exhausted by this waiting for the true story. How deep inside is it buried and how can I excavate it? And will it still remain true after all my worrying and perfecting? Oh, but Jade - your words give me hope. And it is a comfort to know that I am not the only one. I hope your words come SOON, and mine too. (Ps, the title of this post reminded me of a song - Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield.) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful!!! I hope your words come soon, and mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness. I'm with B; I think you are speaking directly to me.

    Jade, I really needed to read this post right now. I find I can't say much more than that. But this is truly so needed.

    (P.S. You wrote it beautifully. I love the last part about the rain - oh!)

    ReplyDelete