Monday, January 6, 2014

Endings and Beginnings and a Winner

photo by my mom
Three years ago today, my family and I said goodbye to Midnight, our sweet, modest, loveable, sometimes misunderstood cat. Midnight was content to be on his own and never licked a person's hand when being pet. Something I remember most distinctly about him, besides his very cute "milk mustache" was the way he would roll over onto his back and really come to life if someone rubbed his belly. As you can see in the picture above, Midnight modestly averted his eyes at the snap of the camera, but he's happy to be cuddling that pink pillow. While Sugar was the princess, Midnight was the teddy bear. I am grateful for the time I had with him while he was on earth for those (almost) thirteen years.

*

Today is also the day that the Afterwards by Satya Robyn giveaway came to an end, and I am thrilled to announce that Melee is the winner!

*
If you've been reading from previous posts, I was waiting for my writing room to be painted. It is now finished, and I moved in on January 1st! It is a meadow green, and I'll share some pictures of it once I finish some last things and decorate.

*

Have a happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Jade, I never replied to your email, and I'm sorry. I will try to do that soon. Now that I am back on Blogger (and am delighted to see you're still here), I hope we will be able to communicate more regularly through each others' blogs. Is Afterwards a collection of your writing? Anyway, congratulations to Melee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back to blogger— it is so great to see you here again (I've left another comment about this on your blog)! Afterwards is a novel by the author Satya Robyn, not by me. :) I've edited the post to reflect this.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I won?!? :D :D Thanks for doing this, Jade! I guess you don't need my address or anything since you already have it, hehe.

    Midnight sounds like a complex and darling fellow. I love his moustache, aww!

    Also, I'm glad you've moved into your new writing room! Now you can stop exercising patience. ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great to be speaking with the official winner, hehehe. :) Yeah, it's nice to stop exercising patience. I have someone important to avoid now though—procrastination. :P Congrats again. :)
      xx

      Delete