Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year! (A Psalm I Wrote Today)



Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
—Psalm 103:1

My God, is that you I hear singing,
wishing us into the new year?

O Lord, lift this new year's lid with hopefulness.

Let our surprise presents cascade down its rocks
like the most refreshing water we have ever tasted!

My God, wave me lightly
like smoldering incense
into the new year.

Thank you for my loving-kindness meditation
and prayer upon awakening.
May your peace be upon every being
as we alight from the old year
into the new.

Dear Lord, I vow not
to spend the day
in quarrels or in silly, petty regrets,
and I know, how I know,
sorrow
has its honey, too.

Sweet and tender
silky and milky white,
O my delicious sadness!
O my beautiful Abba!
Thank you for clearing me
cleansing me
all night
as I dreamed,

so that I may drift
lighter than
cherry blossom smoke
this stunningly stark
breathtakingly fresh
morning.

My God,
this is my blessing to You.
I am ever grateful
for You.

Amen.

*
An uplifting song. One of my very favorites.

Ong Sohung by Snatam Kaur on Grooveshark
*
Happy New Year! :)

9 comments:

  1. That was laced with such beauty and thought - thank you for sharing, Jade. And I wish you a very blessed NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww same to you, Sarah! Good to see you here. :)

      Delete
  2. Loved your psalm! Have a happy, and blessed new year Jade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! Happy New Year. :)

      Delete
  3. Jade, this is beautiful. ". . . sorrow has its honey, too." That particularly resonated with me. What a beautiful outpouring of verse.

    Blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something I seem to be continuously learning! :)

      Thanks & hope you're having a happy new year.

      Delete
  4. This was so sweet, Jade. I love it. My favorite part is:

    My God, wave me lightly
    like smoldering incense
    into the new year.

    I love the image this brings to my mind! :)
    The song you shared is also quite beautiful and meditative. I enjoy listening to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the song. I've found it healing.

      And for pointing out that passage. It sort of arose spontaneously.

      :)

      Delete
  5. this is such a lovely thing and mindset to begin the new year with

    ReplyDelete