Monday, April 14, 2014

Dear Author

Click to read my final thoughts on Mrs. Poe on Goodreads.

*

Today's offering is a letter, one I hope will be an encouragement to fiction writers:

photo credit



Dear Author,

Do not worry that your premises are ordinary or your plots are too predictable. If I like your voice, you can write almost any story you love, and I and many others will love it too. Let your art be fully you. The books I cherish are soul-friends. They are imperfect, quiet, true companions.

Love,
 Jade

7 comments:

  1. You are awesome. Thank you for your endless encouragement! You definitely have a pastor's heart. If you ever decide to go into the ministry, I'd gladly travel to sit in a Sunday service, listening to your words.

    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love the idea of sharing a hand written letter. Handwriting seems much more personal than just typed words.

    ps, the stationary is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I got to this Blog ... just clicking away. Impressive profile.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jade, I am so glad you were able to get your original blog name back for the URL. :-) I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jade, I see the name of your blog and your sidebar photo and smile at the connection with my poem yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely, encouraging note Jade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your kind messages. So glad you found your way here!

    ReplyDelete