Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Weeping May Endure for a Night, but Joy Comes in the Morning


photo credit
It feels to me like morning as I begin again.

After the long dark season, a joyous one will begin at last, I know it.

Joy comes like a doe with quiet footfalls and breezes by like a cherry blossom aroma.

My darling Jesus arises. Mary Magdalene weeps for her Lord who she believes had been taken away, and she doesn't know it is him beside her until he says, "Mary." His tone must have been sweet, and it is warm and unladen now with all of our names. Can you hear him?

During weeping moments, we don't know joy is on its way, but there it is, do you see it? Our Lord is not daydreaming ahead, aloof at the bend of the road. Jesus said "Mary," and his Spirit encircles us now.

14 comments:

  1. This is by far my favorite post you've ever put up =) Such a beautiful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, Natalie :)
      It reminded me of the types of posts I used to write when I first started this blog.

      Delete
  2. So beautiful, Jade. Especially this line:

    Joy comes like a doe with quiet footfalls and breezes by like a cherry blossom aroma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi V, I'm glad you liked this and that line. It took me awhile to get it down right. :)

      Delete
  3. These words are so comforting, Jade. :) We can't often feel anything else but grief in our weeping. However, I like that the deep sorrow is what makes us feel the fullness and goodness of joy even more when it does arrive. I hope you are experiencing a renewal of His joy in your heart these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika, that's a very good point. The contrast helps us appreciate the joyful moments and we can be patient during difficult times knowing this. And thanks for this, I hope you are well too!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this Jade! It is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Great :)

      How about some more Billy Idol?

      Delete
  6. Jade, you are a wonder, and your words quiver with gentle beauty. "Joy comes like a doe with quiet footfalls and breezes by like a cherry blossom aroma." I could feel these words encircling my heart like a down-comforter, lightly caressing its scarred exterior.

    I'm saving this beautiful bit of prose to keep close to my heart always. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, Thank you so much for your heart-warming comment! I feel so honored that you would save the post.
      I hope whatever pain you might have been experiencing has subsided now and that you are having a nice weekend. <3

      Delete
  7. Beautiful post Jade!

    Happy Easter to you, and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael! Nice to see you again!! Happy Easter to you as well. :)

      Delete