Monday, May 26, 2014

Beyond Fear

Today I took a step away from fear, and into nature. I moved close, closer than before, to the flowers and trees that were here before I arrived at this house, and I tried to create art with my camera.

Letting go of fear and tuning into God, I found that the honey bees buzzing around the rhododendrons were peaceful, busy, and not interested in stinging me. I also found that being outside in nature let me step beyond the world I most often live in, the world inside my mind. It was so refreshing to appreciate the up close beauty of God's creation. This little experience reminded me of what it was like to be a child who observed ant hills with curious, loving eyes and skipped inside with pretty dandelions to set in water.

*

Here are the photos I took:











If there is something you feel afraid to do but know would be good for you, can you take a small step with God toward that very thing?

5 comments:

  1. Simply lovely Jade! Reminded me of one of my favorite G.K. Chesterton quotes...

    "Because children have abounding vitality, because they are in spirit fierce and free, therefore they want things repeated and unchanged. They always say, "Do it again"; and the grown-up person does it again until he is nearly dead. For grown-up people are not strong enough to exult in monotony. But perhaps God is strong enough to exult in monotony. It is possible that God says every morning, "Do it again" to the sun; and every evening, "Do it again" to the moon. It may not be automatic necessity that makes all daisies alike; it may be that God makes every daisy separately, but has never got tired of making them. It may be that He has the eternal appetite of infancy; for we have sinned and grown old, and our Father is younger than we."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Jade. This post speaks to me. I find myself wanting to spend more and more time in nature, and less time glued to technology. It clears my mind. It clears my body. Nature is restorative. I'm glad you had such a positive experience; your photographs are beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so inspiring ... and peaceful.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog gives a feeling of tranquility. You know I can relate to it a little. I remember the time when I was kind of upset and my doctor told me to walk on the grass bare feet. I did that just once or twice but I got in touch with nature in other ways. I adopted lots of plants (roses and all that) and I watered them and I spoke to them and I would spend my mornings and evenings with them. That actually helped a lot and aided me in bringing me back to life. So yes, one should be close to nature. That way, you can admire God's creation as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. God gave us the ability to fear for our protection. It's when fear becomes the way we live that it goes against God's spirit. How beautiful your post and photos are today.

    ReplyDelete